As part of the Georgia Tech Historic Preservation Plan, the Chapin Building is significant because of its campus cultural history, as it is one of only 12 buildings that contribute to the Georgia Tech Historic District. Built in 1910, the building served as the first infirmary on the campus.
This rehabilitation project features:
- cleaning and repointing of the exterior brick masonry
- repairs to the roof and cornice
- new mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems
- new finishes, doors, hardware and staircase
- ensures of ADA compliance features
- restoration of historic doors and wood flooring